Heifer Foundation's planned giving tools allow you make gifts that help yourself while also helping a world in need.
It's nearing the end of the year, and if you are like many individuals, you are thinking about ways to offset your current taxable income. The good news is that it's not too late to make a tax-deductible planned charitable gift to Heifer Foundation's endowment. As a result, you benefit from valuable tax savings on this year's return, and your generous gift will help support Heifer's mission of ending poverty and hunger and caring for the Earth.
Now is a great time to make your year-end gift! You might consider making an outright gift of cash, appreciated stock or real estate. If you desire lifetime income, consider a charitable remainder trust or gift annuity with Heifer Foundation.
Gifts of Stocks & Bonds
A gift of appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a gift. Here are some of the potential benefits:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on your appreciated assets
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Enjoy possible increased income
- Make a lasting impact in helping Heifer's work towards ending hunger and poverty
You may be concerned about the high cost of capital gains tax upon the sale of your appreciated property.
Or perhaps you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes this year and plan for retirement. A charitable remainder unitrust (CRUT) might offer the solutions you need! Here are some of the benefits of creating a charitable remainder unitrust with Heifer Foundation.
- Income for life, lives, or term of years
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Charitable income tax deduction for remainder portion of your gift
- Future legacy gift to Heifer Foundation
Charitable Gift Annuities
Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or your future? You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. One solution is a charitable gift annuity.
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and our organization.
- You transfer property to us. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income can be quite high depending on your age.
- A portion of your income stream may even be tax-free. You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift and the satisfaction of furthering our mission.